After you have finished Lesson 1, ask yourself the following questions:
- Can I play the off-beat syncopated accents with correct style?
- Can I play the anticipated syncopation without rushing the beat?
- Can I play each Vocabulary Pattern from memory?
- Can I play the Etude with correct style, good intonation, without rushing and without mistakes?
- Can I play the Lesson 1 Etude from memory?
- Can I create a 12 bar blues chorus with Lesson 2 blues vocabulary?
- Can I accurately use Lesson 1 rhythms to make my own blues melodies?
- Can I play several choruses of swing blues with a variety of my own blues licks?
- Can I imitate all of the patterns without mistakes?
- Did I watch the Chris Potter You-Tube video?
- Did I research and find additional resource materials for Chris Potter?
If your answer is yes to all of these questions your ready to move on to Lesson 2.